From Ian Danforth <idanfo...@numenta.com>
Subject 15 seconds to increment 17k keys?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 01:04:55 GMT
All,

 I've got a 4 node cluster (ec2 m1.large instances, replication = 3)
that has one primary counter type column family, that has one column
in the family. There are millions of rows. Each operation consists of
doing a batch_insert through pycassa, which increments ~17k keys. A
majority of these keys are new in each batch.

 Each operation is taking up to 15 seconds. For our system this is a
significant bottleneck.

 Does anyone know if this write speed is expected?

Thanks in advance,

 Ian