From Patrik Modesto <patrik.mode...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RF=1 w/ hadoop jobs
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 19:52:07 GMT
On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 09:39, Mick Semb Wever <mck@apache.org> wrote:
> I've entered a jira issue covering this request.
>
> Would you mind attaching your patch to the issue.
> (No review of it will happen anywhere else.)

I see Jonathan didn't change his mind, as the ticket was resolved
"won't fix". So that's it. I'm not going to attach the patch until
another core Cassandra developer is interested in the use-cases
mentioned there.

I'm not sure about 0.8.x and 0.7.9 (to be released today with your
patch) but 0.7.8 will fail even with RF>1 when there is Hadoop
TaskTracer without local Cassandra. So increasing RF is not a
solution.

Regards,
Patrik