From Dean Hiller <d...@alvazan.com>
Subject possible feature request RP vs. OPP
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 21:12:31 GMT
I was wondering something.  Since I can take OPP and I can create a layer
that for certain column families, I hash the key so that some column
families are just like RP but on top of OPP and some of my other column
families are then on OPP directly so I could use lucandra, why not make RP
deprecated and instead allow users to create OPP by column family or RP
where RP == doing the hash of the key on my behalf and prefixing my key with
that hashcode and stripping it back off when I read it in again.

ie. why have RP when you could do RP per column family with the above
reasoning on top of OPP and have the best of both worlds?????

ie. I think of having some column families random and then some column
famiiles ordered so I could range query or use lucandra on top of those
ones.

thoughts?  I was just curious.
thanks,
Dean