From Paul Loy <>
Subject Re: Best indexing solution for Cassandra
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 18:14:41 GMT
I personally have nothing but the highest praise for Elastic Search. I
haven't used either Solandra or Lucandra, however. But then why would I now
I use Elastic Search? AFAIK there's nothing that I would want to do with ES
that I can't. And it has really simple configuration and clustering that
just works. Just like Cassandra in that respect :D

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Ikeda Anthony

> From a usability standpoint, elastic search is looking promising. I'll have
> to get more info through use on it's distribution as well.
> Thanks
> :)
> On 28/09/2011, at 14:01 PM, Mohit Anchlia wrote:
> > look at elasticsearch too. It shards differently.
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Rafael Almeida <>
> wrote:
> what we will be doing for the next phase. One of the enhancements we would
> like to consider is an indexing platform to start building searches into our
> application.

> (different views based on what we want to find) however it is proving to be
> quite a task to keep the index views in sync with the data - although not a
> showstopper, it isn't something we want to be handling all the time
> especially since operations like deletions require changes to multiple
> column families.

> experiences of people that may have used them or other suggestions.
> >>

> >> I've had some experience with that. My main problem was that I had a
> limited vocabulary and a large number of documents. It seems like solandra
> kept all my documents on the same row for a given term. That means the
> documents don't get spread out throught the cluster and search was painfully
> slow. We ended up rolling up our own solution and not using cassandra at all
> for that purpose (althought we still use it for storage).

Paul Loy

View raw message