From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: ByteOrderedPartitioner
Date Sun, 18 Sep 2011 20:53:25 GMT
There is no real performance difference between the two partitions.

Yes and no. Yes each replica will have the same data load if you set RF to the same number
of nodes. No it's still not a good idea to have an unbalanced key range, you can still have
throughput hot spots.

Cheers
-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 17/09/2011, at 11:25 AM, Daning Wang wrote:

> How is the performance of ByteOrderedPartitioner, compared to RandomPartitioner? the
perforamnce when getting data with single key, does it use same algorithm?

> I have read that the downside of ByteOrderedPartitioner is creating hotspot. But if I
have 4 nodes and I set RF to 4, that will replicate data to all 4 nodes, that could avoid
hot spot, right?