From Ikeda Anthony <anthony.ikeda....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best indexing solution for Cassandra
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 16:30:18 GMT
From a usability standpoint, elastic search is looking promising. I'll have to get more info
through use on it's distribution as well.

Thanks

:)

On 28/09/2011, at 14:01 PM, Mohit Anchlia wrote:

> look at elasticsearch too. It shards differently.
>
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Rafael Almeida <almeidaraf@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> From Anthony Ikeda <anthony.ikeda.dev@gmail.com>:
>>> Well, we go live with our project very soon and we are now looking into what
we will be doing for the next phase. One of the enhancements we would like to consider is
an indexing platform to start building searches into our application.

>>> Right now we are just using column families to index the information (different
views based on what we want to find) however it is proving to be quite a task to keep the
index views in sync with the data - although not a showstopper, it isn't something we want
to be handling all the time especially since operations like deletions require changes to
multiple column families.

>>> I've heard of Solandra and Lucandra but I want to understand the experiences
of people that may have used them or other suggestions.

>> I've had some experience with that. My main problem was that I had a limited vocabulary
and a large number of documents. It seems like solandra kept all my documents on the same
row for a given term. That means the documents don't get spread out throught the cluster and
search was painfully slow. We ended up rolling up our own solution and not using cassandra
at all for that purpose (althought we still use it for storage).