From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: progress of sstableloader keeps 0?
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2011 09:20:24 GMT
That can read data from previous versions, i.e. if you upgrade to 0.8 it can read the existing
files from 0.7.

But what you are doing with the sstable loader is (AFAIK) only copying the Data portion of
the CF. Once the table is loaded the node will then build the Index and the Filter, this is
the createBuild() call in the stack. It's throwing because version 0.8 does not want to make
version 0.8 Index and and Filter files for a version 0.7 Data file.

We get the same problem when upgrading from 0.7 to 0.8, where Repair will not work because
it is streaming a 0.7 version data file and the recipient then tries to build the Index and
Filter files.

So to read 0.7 data from 0.8 just copy over *all* the files for the keyspace (data, filter
and index). Then scrub the nodes so that repair can work.

Hope that helps.

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 25/09/2011, at 6:07 PM, Yan Chunlu wrote:

> yes, I did.  thought 0.8 is downward compatible. is there other ways to load 0.7's data
into 0.8?  will copy the data dir directly will work?   I would like to put load of three
nodes into one node.

>  thanks!
>
> On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 11:52 AM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> Looks like it is complaining that you are trying to load a 0.7 SSTable in 0.8.
>

> Cheers
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 23/09/2011, at 5:23 PM, Yan Chunlu wrote:
>
>> sorry I did not look into it....  after check it I found version mismatch exception
is in the log:
>> ERROR [Thread-17] 2011-09-22 08:24:24,248 AbstractCassandraDaemon.java (line 139)
Fatal exception in thread Thread[Thread-17,5,main]
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot recover SSTable /disk2/cassandra/data/reddit/Comments-tmp-f-1
due to version mismatch. (current version is g).