From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Partitioner per keyspace
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 08:06:49 GMT
The first thing I can think of is the initial_token for the node must be a valid token according
to the configured partitioner, as the tokens created by the partitioner are the things stored
the distributed hash tree. If you had a partitioner per KS you would need to configure the
initial_token per KS.

Also it's not possible to change *ever* change the partitioner, so it would have to be excluded
from the KS update.

They are not show stoppers, just the firs things that come to mind.

IIRC a lot of the other access happens in the context of a KS, their may be other issues but
I've not checked the code.

Anyone else ?

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer