From Daning <dan...@netseer.com>
Subject Weird problem with empty CF
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 17:35:25 GMT
I have an app polling a few CFs (select first N * from CF), there were
data in CFs but later were deleted so CFs were empty for a long time. I
found Cassandra CPU usage was getting high to 80%, normally it uses less
than 30%. I issued the select query manually and feel the response is
slow. I have tried nodetool compact/repair for those CFs but that does
not work. later, I issue 'truncate' for all the CFs and CPU usage gets
down to 1%.

Can somebody explain to me why I need to truncate an empty CF? and what
else I could do to bring the CPU usage down?

I am running 0.8.6.

Thanks,

Daning