From "Konstantin Naryshkin" <>
Subject Re: Search over composite Column and Super Column name
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 23:01:20 GMT
One thing you can do is search over the range from "username:" to "username;". "username:"
is the first possible string starting with "username:". "username;" is the first possible
sting after all of the stings that start with "username:" . This works because ; is the character
right after : in ASCII. I believe that UNICODE is ordered similarly to ASCII, though I am
not 100% sure on that issue.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Renato Costa" <>
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:35:52 PM
Subject: Search over composite Column and Super Column name

I started do modeling my application over cassandra data model. I will have to use composite
Super columns name, i.e. "username:userid", i know that is a lot of different ways to deal
with this case, but once i have modeled with composite Super Columns name is there any way
to make a sarch over only one part of the column name? And if so, it works for normal columns

Sorry about the English, I know it is not so good, and thanks for answers.

View raw message