From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Index search in provided list of rows (list of rowKeys).
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 21:09:32 GMT
Just checking, you want an API call like this ?

multiget_filtered_slice(keys, column_parent, predicate, filter_clause, consistency_level)

Where filter_clause is an IndexClause.

It's a bit messy.

is there no way to express this as a single get_indexed_slice() call? With a == index expression
to get the row keys and the other expressions todo the range filtering ?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 13/09/2011, at 1:55 AM, Evgeniy Ryabitskiy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have an issue to search over Cassandra and we are using Sphinx for indexing.
> Because of Sphinx architecture we can't use range queries over all fields that we need
to.
> So we have to run Sphinx Query first to get List of rowKeys and perform additional range
filtering over column values.

> First simple solution is to do it on Client side. That will increase network traffic
and memory usage on client.

> Now I'm wondering if it possible to perform such filtering on Cassandra side.
> I wish to use some IndexExpression for range filtering in list of records (list of rowKeys
returned from external Indexing Search Engine).

> Looking at get_indexed_slices I found out that in IndexClause is no possibility set List
of rowKeys (like for multiget_slice), only start_key.