From China Stoffen <chinastof...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Professional Support
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 18:45:03 GMT
Thanks for sharing the info.. though I contacted datastax using contact form but no reply yet
after more than a week.
Probably I need to contact Ben directly.

________________________________
From: Ben Coverston <ben.coverston@datastax.com>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2011 11:15 PM
Subject: Re: Professional Support

We were glad to help William, thanks for sharing!

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 12:13 PM, William Oberman <oberman@civicscience.com> wrote:

I also have used datastax with great success (same disclaimer).

>A specific example:
>
>-I setup a one-on-one call to talk through an issue, in my case a server reconfiguration.
 It took 2 days to find a time to meet, though that was my fault as I believe they could
have worked me in within a day.  I wanted to split an existing cluster into 'oltp' and 'analytics',
similar to what brisk does now out of the box.
>-During the call they walked me through all of the steps I'd have to do, answered any
questions I had, and filled in the blanks for some of the reasoning behind their recommendations.
>-After the call I recieved constant support through the reconfiguration.  For example: I
found out that Ec2Snitch doesn't play nicely with PropertyFileSnitch in a rolling restart
(all of the Ec2Snitch based servers stopped working immediately as soon as a PropFileSnitch
server joined the ring, this is in 0.8.4), and they wrote a custom patch for me that made
it work within a day.