From Mick Semb Wever <>
Subject Re: RF=1 w/ hadoop jobs
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 07:39:11 GMT
On Fri, 2011-09-02 at 09:28 +0200, Patrik Modesto wrote:
> We use Cassandra as a storage for web-pages, we store the HTML, all
> URLs that has the same HTML data and some computed data. We run Hadoop
> MR jobs to compute lexical and thematical data for each page and for
> exporting the data to a binary files for later use. URL gets to a
> Cassandra on user request (a pageview) so if we delete an URL, it gets
> back quickly if the page is active. Because of that and because there
> is lots of data, we have the keyspace set to RF=1. We can drop the
> whole keyspace and it will regenerate quickly and would contain only
> fresh data, so we don't care about lossing a node.

I've entered a jira issue covering this request.

Would you mind attaching your patch to the issue.
(No review of it will happen anywhere else.)

“Innovators and creative geniuses cannot be reared in schools. They are
precisely the men who defy what the school has taught them.” - Ludwig
von Mises

| | |
|   | Java XSS Filter |

View raw message