From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Thrift CPU Usage
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 20:55:20 GMT
How are you deciding what is thrift ? Thrift is used to handle connections and serialize  /
de-serialize off the wire.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 27/09/2011, at 2:32 AM, Baskar Duraikannu wrote:

> Hello -
>
> I have been running read tests on Cassandra using "stress" tool.  I have been noticing
that thrift seems to be taking lot of CPU over 70% when I look at the "CPU samples" report.
Is this normal?

> CPU usage seems to go down by 5 to 10% when I change the RPC from "sync" to "async".
 Is this normal?