Thanks guys.

The problem is solved. I copied cassandra and cassandra.in to my bin folder.
Then used "ant release " to generate my customized cassandra.jar in dist folder.
it worked.

To Aaron: I tried "ant artefacts", but it failed. is it because I am using Cassandra 0.7?
What's the difference between "ant artefacts" and "ant release"?