Hi Johnathan.  Are these the correct steps for the upgrade?

1. Copy SSTable from 0.7.4 snapshot
2. Drop CFS in all nodes in 0.7.4 cluster
3. Upgrade to 0.8.2 and start cluster (with no clients connected)
4. Create CFs using cli in cluster
5. Shutdown all nodes
6. Move the SSTables into place on all the nodes
7. Restart the nodes

This would definitely be my preferred approach, however I wasn't sure if SSTables stored the CF meta data.

Thanks,
Todd

On Tue, 2011-08-02 at 21:34 -0500, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
If the bytes are compatible why not just use the existing sstable
files after redefining the schema?