From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Schema Disagreement
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 09:19:47 GMT
What do you see when you run describe cluster; in the cassandra-cli ? Whats the exact error
you get and is there anything in the server side logs ?

Have you added other CF's before adding this one ? Did the schema agree before starting this
statement?

I ran the statement below on the current trunk and it worked.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 2 Aug 2011, at 12:08, Dikang Gu wrote:

> I thought the schema disagree problem was already solved in 0.8.1...
>
> On possible solution is to decommission the disagree node and rejoin it.
>

> On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 8:01 AM, Yi Yang <yyang@me.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm always meeting mp with schema disagree problems while trying to create a column family
like this, using cassandra-cli:

> create column family sd
>    with column_type = 'Super'
>    and key_validation_class = 'UUIDType'
>    and comparator = 'LongType'
>    and subcomparator = 'UTF8Type'
>    and column_metadata = [
>        {
>        column_name: 'time',
>        validation_class : 'LongType'
>        },{
>        column_name: 'open',
>        validation_class : 'FloatType'
>        },{
>        column_name: 'high',
>        validation_class : 'FloatType'
>        },{
>        column_name: 'low',
>        validation_class : 'FloatType'
>        },{
>        column_name: 'close',
>        validation_class : 'FloatType'
>        },{
>        column_name: 'volumn',
>        validation_class : 'LongType'
>        },{
>        column_name: 'splitopen',
>        validation_class : 'FloatType'
>        },{
>        column_name: 'splithigh',
>        validation_class : 'FloatType'
>        },{
>        column_name: 'splitlow',
>        validation_class : 'FloatType'
>        },{
>        column_name: 'splitclose',
>        validation_class : 'FloatType'
>        },{
>        column_name: 'splitvolume',
>        validation_class : 'LongType'
>        },{
>        column_name: 'splitclose',
>        validation_class : 'FloatType'
>        }
>    ]
> ;
>
> I've tried to erase everything and restart Cassandra but this still happens.   But when
I clear the column_metadata section this no more disagreement error.   Do you have any idea
why this happens?