From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: 4/20 nodes get disproportionate amount of mutations
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 07:25:05 GMT
> We've been having issues where as soon as we start doing heavy writes (via hadoop) recently,
it really hammers 4 nodes out of 20.  We're using random partitioner and we've set the initial
tokens for our 20 nodes according to the general spacing formula, except for a few token offsets
as we've replaced dead nodes.

Is the hadoop job iterating over keys in the cluster in token order
perhaps, and you're generating writes to those keys? That would
explain a "moving hotspot" along the cluster.

--
/ Peter Schuller (@scode on twitter)