From Adi <adi.pan...@gmail.com>
Subject fix for repair causing a node load to double
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 14:13:41 GMT
Cassandra 0.7.6 , 4 node cluster

I ran a nodetool repair for a column family a week ago which caused the load
on that node to double. The diagnosis was that I had hit
and that minor compactions will get rid of the unnecessary data and reduce
the load. That node has finished doing a round of Minor compactions over the
weekend and still the load is 2x of what it is supposed to be.

Is nodetool cleanup an option to remove the extra data. I am running a
cleanup and it has gone through 50% of the data and retained all of it.

Any suggestions?

-Adi