From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: cassandra consistency level
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 00:21:05 GMT
Not sure I understand your question exactly, but will take a shot…

Writes are sent to every UP node, the consistency level is how many nodes we require to complete
before we say the request completed successfully. So we also make sure that CL nodes are UP
before we start the request. If you run CL ALL then Replication Factor nodes must be up for
each key you are writing.

With the exception of CL ONE reads are also sent to all UP replicas.

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton