From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Expiring Columns
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 23:19:07 GMT
I believe (have not tested) that you would still see the range ghosts talked about here http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ#range_ghosts
until compaction had removed all the columns, and the row once all the columns are gone. Expired
columns are purged during compaction when their ttl runs out.

Consider the range query in two parts. First get me row keys between here and there. Then
get me the columns that match this SlicePredicate.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 16/08/2011, at 10:51 AM, Stephen McKamey wrote:

> I'm curious about Expiring Columns. Say I create a Column Family where *all* of the Columns
are set to be expiring columns. When a row's entire set of columns have expired, will an empty
row it sill be returned in range queries? Or will it just be nicely compacted away?