From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: fix for repair causing a node load to double
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 22:19:53 GMT
Try dropping the min compaction threshold via node tool to 2, that should force every compaction
bucket to get processed.

Use nodetool flush to trigger minor compaction for all cf's.

Clean will only remove load if you have moved tokens.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

node to double. The diagnosis was that I had hit https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2280
> and that minor compactions will get rid of the unnecessary data and reduce the load.
That node has finished doing a round of Minor compactions over the weekend and still the load
is 2x of what it is supposed to be.

> Is nodetool cleanup an option to remove the extra data. I am running a cleanup and it
has gone through 50% of the data and retained all of it.