From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: dropping secondary indexes
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 23:29:23 GMT
> I think I've dropped all the indexes on a CF, but I see traces of them in the CLI output
of show keyspaces.  I see a few validators left behind, and one "built index".  (output below)
What process did you use to drop the indexes ? You need to use  update column family and not
include the column meta data.

> 1. Is there a better way to check schema for indexes?
Thats the way. You can also look in JConsole. If you see things that seem odd check the cluster
agrees on the schema using describe cluster in the CLI.

> 3. Do validators incur any performance penalties?  They're no longer necessary (the named
columns are not even written anymore).

There is a minor over head, but only if the named column is updated.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton