From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Bulk loading into live data
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 22:46:17 GMT
That is my understanding.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 18/08/2011, at 12:36 AM, Philippe wrote:

>> What if the column is a counter ? Does it overwrite or increment ? Ie if the SST
I am loading has the exact same setup but value 2, will my value change to 3 ?
See https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/io/sstable/AbstractSSTableSimpleWriter.java#L153
and https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/db/CounterColumn.java#L138
> Great, so I assume that I can "add" the same counter column multiple times for the same
key/SC in different nextRow() calls and the counter will still get incremented ?