From Rodrigo Ferreira <rkferre...@gmail.com>
Subject Suggest to change Thrift status string
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 13:21:03 GMT
Hello,

We are putting on some cassandra servers and using a loadbalancer to an
app connecting at the cluster.
My suggest is to change string that are returned from thrift status,
because some loadbalancers have a false positive status on we are
expecting "running" on healthcheck.
I suggest to change "not running" to "stopped" string in this code below.

src/java/org/apache/cassandra/tools/NodeCmd.java

     private void printIsThriftServerRunning(PrintStream outs)
     {
         outs.println(probe.isThriftServerRunning() ? "running" : "not
running");
     }

Thanks a lot,

Rodrigo Kellermann Ferreira