From Renato Bacelar da Silveira <renat...@indabamobile.co.za>
Subject Re: Cassandra-cli not able to find CF after fresh CF insert.
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 07:13:42 GMT
Thank you kindly Aaron.

It seems that if I insert a fresh CF, the Cassandra-cli is not "aware"
of the change, though it does
describe the CF fine, when the command "describe keyspace MyKeySpace;"
is issued.

The error, at least on my side, is reproduced by adding a CF with
Hector, and having the CLI running
at the same time. As mentioned, the CLI is able to describe the CF, but
if I list it, it isn't visible.

I have taken your advice before creating a ticket, to restarting the
CLI, that seems to work. But
I was not yet convinced, so I kept the CLI open, and inserted another
CF, the issue repeats itself.

In the state of not listing the CF after the last insert, I decided to
issue the "connect localhost/9160;"
command, that seems to make the CLI aware of the column again, and the
list command does not fail.

So 2 things will help here

a) Restart the CLI, (works till another fresh column insert)
b) Issue the connect <host>/<port>; command, then use the KeySpace in
question (works fine even after fresh insert).

Not sure if there should be a ticket created.

What you think?

Regards to All!