From Renato Bacelar da Silveira <renat...@indabamobile.co.za>
Subject Cassandra-cli not able to find CF after fresh CF insert.
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 16:13:10 GMT
Hi All

Good day,

I have again come across a situation where the CF is not being found by
the list command... it would
be too painful at this stage to restart the node just to be able to
query the CF...

*ColumnFamily: a1307*
       Key Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.BytesType
       Default column value validator:
org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.BytesType
       Columns sorted by: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.AsciiType
       Row cache size / save period in seconds: 0.0/0
       Key cache size / save period in seconds: 200000.0/14400
       Memtable thresholds: 0.5203125/111/1440 (millions of ops/MB/minutes)
       GC grace seconds: 864000
       Compaction min/max thresholds: 4/32
       Read repair chance: 1.0
       Replicate on write: true
       Built indexes: []

[default@MyKeyspace] list a1307;
*a1307 not found in current keyspace.*

I am not sure how this is being caused, but if I add a CF and list it
immediately after, it does not find the CF.

I had to change my CF names to have a char in it, because I suspect CF names
may not be integer only, not yet proven on that though.

I am using Cassandra 0.8.* ---

Any ideas?