From Renato Bacelar da Silveira <renat...@indabamobile.co.za>
Subject Cassandra adding 500K + Super Column Family
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 12:53:52 GMT
  I am wondering about a certain volume situation.

I currently load a Keyspace with a certain amount of SCFs.

Each SCF (Super Column Family) represents an entity.

Each Entity may have up to 6000 values.

I am planning to have 500,000 Entities (SCF) with
6000 Columns (within Super Columns - number of Super Columns
unknown), and was wondering how much resources something
like this would require?

I am struggling to have 10,000 SCF with 30 Columns (within SuperColumns),
I get very large files, and reach a 4Gb heapspace limit very quickly on
a single node. I use Garbage Collection where needed.

Is there some secret to load 500,000 Super Column Families?

Regards.
--
Renato da Silveira
Senior Developer