From Aurynn Shaw <>
Subject Secondary indexes and drop column family
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 23:22:25 GMT
Hey all;

So, I've managed to get myself into a position where I'm not sure how to

I have a column family that I was a significant number of secondary
indexes on. Some buggy code created a bunch of useless indexes
accidentally, and I took what (at the time) seemed the most obvious path:

Drop the column family, recreate it, and reconstruct the indexes from
existing data with a known-working script.

However, now that I've done this, I'm getting:
InvalidRequestException(why='Duplicate index names

when I run the script that generates the secondary indexes.

Since the CF got dropped and recreated, I can't iterate it to delete the
indexes, since they're not there anymore.

How do I go about recovering from this? I suspect that ithe name is
being held somewhere in the system keyspace, but I'm not sure where to look.

I'm using Cassandra 0.7.4, RF=1.

View raw message