From Konstantin Naryshkin <konstant...@a-bb.net>
Subject Re: Question about eventually consistent in Cassandra
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 22:05:23 GMT
I believe that what would happen is that whichever data center has the later clock will win.
Every modification you make gets a time stamp (generally set by your client to the current
time, if you are using one). I believe that whatever modification happened with the last time
stamp is canonical. What would happen if you make conflicting changes with the exact same
time stamp? No idea.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eldad Yamin" <eldad87@gmail.com>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 8:58:23 PM
Subject: Question about eventually consistent in Cassandra

Hi,
Let’s say that I have 2 datacenters, a key is changed on both of my
datacenters in the exact same time (even in 1-2 seconds diff).
Datacenter #1 add column "abc" with value X Datacenter #2 add column "abc"
with value Y.

What is the result of that situation?
Is there any different if the changes will be made withing the same data
center?

Thanks!
Eldad Yamin