From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Different cluster gossiping to each other
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2011 10:58:23 GMT
Did you clear the LocationInfo from the non prod cluster ?

When you gave prod seeds from non-prod, non-prod would have discovered all the nodes in prod.
Unless you have cleared the location info they will still have that knowledge.

Does nodetool ring in non-prod list any prod machines ?

if so you can purge that information from non prod using nodetool removetoken, see http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations#Removing_nodes_entirely

Hope that helps.

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 20/08/2011, at 7:53 AM, Hefeng Yuan wrote:

> Symptom is that when we populate data into the non-prod cluster, after a while, we start
seeing this warning message from the prod cluster:

> "WARN [GossipStage:1] 2011-08-19 19:47:35,730 GossipDigestSynVerbHandler.java (line 63)
ClusterName mismatch from non-prod-node-ip non-prod-Cluster!=prod-Cluster"

> Looks like the non-prod cluster is trying to gossip to the prod cluster. It does stop
when we shutdown the non-prod cluster.

> This warning will last few days and stop happening. Will pop up again once we starts
>
> When we setup the prod cluster, we did make a mistake by using non-prod seeds in cassandra.yaml.
However, we did correct the yaml, and cleaned LocationInfo*, this is still happening.