From Bryce Godfrey <Bryce.Godf...@azaleos.com>
Subject Completely removing a node from the cluster
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 21:48:38 GMT
I'm on 0.8.4

I have removed a dead node from the cluster using nodetool removetoken command, and moved
one of the remaining nodes to rebalance the tokens.  Everything looks fine when I run nodetool
ring now, as it only lists the remaining 2 nodes and they both look fine, owning 50% of the
tokens.

However, I can still see it being considered as part of the cluster from the Cassandra-cli
(192.168.20.1 being the removed node) and I'm worried that the cluster is still queuing up
hints for the node, or any other issues it may cause:

Cluster Information:
   Snitch: org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleSnitch
   Partitioner: org.apache.cassandra.dht.RandomPartitioner
   Schema versions:
        dcc8f680-caa4-11e0-0000-553d4dced3ff: [192.168.20.2, 192.168.20.3]
        UNREACHABLE: [192.168.20.1]

Do I need to do something else to completely remove this node?

Thanks,
Bryce