From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Fewer wide rows vs. more smaller rows
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2011 08:10:14 GMT
Wider rows may need to run through the slower 2-phase compaction process, see in_memory_compaction_limit_in_mb
in the yaml file. They can also result in more GC, depending on work load etc.

Some testing I did on query performance http://thelastpickle.com/2011/07/04/Cassandra-Query-Plans/

There is no magic number. The best advice is to follow Jonathan's advice.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 5 Aug 2011, at 08:22, Benoit Perroud wrote:

> Thanks for your advise. Make sense.
>
> And without sticking to my dummy example, conceptually, what has a smaller memory footprint
: 1M rows of 1 column or 1 row with 1M columns ?