From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: phpcassa occasional Not Found Exception
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 22:24:20 GMT
Sounds like you are doing the right thing with regard to consistency.

The error is raised client side when 0 columns are returned for the request. Is there a chance
that some other code is deleting the columns ? Could you add some logging around the the code
to see which columns it fails on ?

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer

On 8 Aug 2011, at 11:14, Kyle Gibson wrote:

> Cassandra: 0.7.8
> phpcassa: 0.7.a.4
> The front page of a site I manage displays a list of products
> available. If a product is available, a visitor can order, otherwise
> "not in stock" is displayed.
> Whether the product is in stock or not is determined from the
> cassandra cluster. Occasionally, but not frequently (maybe once or
> twice per day out of a hundred), the code throws a Not Found
> Exception. The read consistency level is explicitly set to quorum.
> Here is an approximation of what the exception looks like:
> exception 'cassandra_NotFoundException' in
> /home/www/phpcassa-0.7.a.4/columnfamily.php:251
> Stack trace:
> #0 /home/www/foo.php(54): ColumnFamily->get('stock', Array)
> #1 {main}
> Repairs and compactions are performed regularly. I also did a complete
> json rebuild of the cluster last night, pulling data into a single
> file, and reloading the cluster from scratch. The NFE error persisted
> even after doing that.
> What could be the cause of this, and how can I prevent it from occurring?
> Thanks for the help

View raw message