From Dikang Gu <dikan...@gmail.com>
Subject HCassandraInternalException when RangeSlicesQuery using hector.
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 08:40:58 GMT
I'm using the hector 0.8.0-2 against cassandra 0.8.1.

When I executed the code:

rangeSlicesQuery.setColumnFamily(columnFamily).setKeys(key, key)
 .setRange(startColumn, null, reversed, count);

I got the following errors:

Caused by: me.prettyprint.hector.api.exceptions.HCassandraInternalException: Cassandra encountered
an internal error processing this request: TApplicationError type: 6 message:Internal error
processing get_range_slices
at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.ExceptionsTranslatorImpl.translate(ExceptionsTranslatorImpl.java:29)
at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl$3.execute(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:163)
at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl$3.execute(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:145)
at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.Operation.executeAndSetResult(Operation.java:101)
at me.prettyprint.cassandra.connection.HConnectionManager.operateWithFailover(HConnectionManager.java:232)
at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl.operateWithFailover(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:131)
at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl.getRangeSlices(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:167)
at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.thrift.ThriftRangeSlicesQuery$1.doInKeyspace(ThriftRangeSlicesQuery.java:67)
at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.thrift.ThriftRangeSlicesQuery$1.doInKeyspace(ThriftRangeSlicesQuery.java:63)
at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.KeyspaceOperationCallback.doInKeyspaceAndMeasure(KeyspaceOperationCallback.java:20)
at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.ExecutingKeyspace.doExecute(ExecutingKeyspace.java:85)
at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.thrift.ThriftRangeSlicesQuery.execute(ThriftRangeSlicesQuery.java:62)

I only got this error when the startColumn is greater than the 'biggest' column in the row.

Is this a bug? Any ideas?

Thanks.

--
Dikang Gu