From Selva Kumar <wwgse...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 5 node cluster - Recommended seed configuration.
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 12:20:04 GMT
Thanks Samal

________________________________
From: samal <samal@wakya.in>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org; Selva Kumar <wwgselva@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 9, 2011 12:23 AM
Subject: Re: 5 node cluster - Recommended seed configuration.

It is recommended that seed list should be same in all server so all server on same state.
It should be Lan IP not Loopback IP.
In seed node, auto bootstrap should be false
2 seed should be enough.

In your case it should be like:
node1:

    seeds: node1, autobootstrap=false
node2:
    seeds: node1,autobootstrap=true
node3:
    seeds: node1, autobootstrap=true
node4:
    seeds: node1, autobootstrap=true
node5:
    seeds: node1, autobootstrap=true

or

node1:

    seeds: node1,node2, autobootstrap=false
node2:seeds: node1,node2,autobootstrap=false (set it false after bootstrap)node3:
    seeds: node1,node2, autobootstrap=true
node4:
    seeds: node1, node2,autobootstrap=true
node5:
    seeds: node1,node2, autobootstrap=true
/Samal

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Selva Kumar <wwgselva@yahoo.com> wrote:

We have a 5 node Cassandra cluster. We use version 0.7.4. What is the recommended seed configuration.
Here are some configurations, i have noticed.