From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: upgrade from 0.7.6 to 0.8.4
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 21:45:46 GMT
Yes can get there with a rolling restart.

Check the NEWS.txt file for info on how to upgrade https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-0.8.4/NEWS.txt

One thing to be aware of is that repairs can fail until all the data files are at the same
version. This ticket is for better logging about the issue, cannot find a better one for now

So once you have the migration done, scrub the nodes one by one to get all the data into "g"
format files.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 16/08/2011, at 6:50 PM, Jonathan Colby wrote:

> Hi - sorry if this was asked before but I couldn't find any answers about it.
>
> Is the upgrade path from 0.7.6 to 0.8.4 possible via a simple rolling restart?
>
> Are nodes with these different versions compatible - i.e., can one node be upgraded in
order to see if we run into any problems before upgrading the others?