From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: Replication and 0.8.3
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 21:29:46 GMT
nodetool repair will make sure the data is replaced RF times. Run it every RF nodes around
the ring

You can also use nodetool cfstats, it will give you some info on the local data for a node.
For example...

	Column Family: Article
		SSTable count: 4
		Space used (live): 1562827944
		Space used (total): 1562827944
		Number of Keys (estimate): 9980160
		Compacted row minimum size: 61
		Compacted row maximum size: 770
		Compacted row mean size: 128

What approach did you take to the bulk load (see
? What numbers are you looking at and how do they differ from what you would expect to see

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer

On 11 Aug 2011, at 05:54, Sebastien Coutu wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm building a fresh 30 node cluster with Cassandra 0.8.3 on it and I'm trying to run
MapReduce jobs to load some data in the Cassandra ring. After the job runs, I look at how
much space I was supposed to load and how much space the Cassandra load reports and it somewhat
looks like I don't have any replicas altough my replication factor is 3. Can someone help
me with cues on where/how to confirm if I have any replicas?
> Thanks
> Sebastien Coutu

View raw message