From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Replication and 0.8.3
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 21:29:46 GMT
nodetool repair will make sure the data is replaced RF times. Run it every RF nodes around
the ring http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations#Repairing_missing_or_inconsistent_data

You can also use nodetool cfstats, it will give you some info on the local data for a node.
For example...

	Column Family: Article
		SSTable count: 4
		Space used (live): 1562827944
		Space used (total): 1562827944
		Number of Keys (estimate): 9980160
…
		Compacted row minimum size: 61
		Compacted row maximum size: 770
		Compacted row mean size: 128

What approach did you take to the bulk load (see http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/bulk-loading)
? What numbers are you looking at and how do they differ from what you would expect to see
?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 11 Aug 2011, at 05:54, Sebastien Coutu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm building a fresh 30 node cluster with Cassandra 0.8.3 on it and I'm trying to run
MapReduce jobs to load some data in the Cassandra ring. After the job runs, I look at how
much space I was supposed to load and how much space the Cassandra load reports and it somewhat
looks like I don't have any replicas altough my replication factor is 3. Can someone help
me with cues on where/how to confirm if I have any replicas?