Hi,

Our hardware configuration is very simple:

1 x 8 Core Processor
32 GB of memory
1 x 250GB SATA disk for the OS/Swap plugged in the motherboard
1 x 250GB SATA disk for Cassandra's commit log plugged in the motherboard
1 x RAID card
2 x 1TB SATA disks for Cassandra in RAID-0 plugged on the RAID card

We're always evolving our system standards but this handles the load. Our idea is to build these servers with "commodity" hardware so nothing fancy here.

Hope this helps.

SC