If you can provide some more details on the use case we may be able to provide some data model help.

You can always use a dedicated CF for the counters, and use the same row key.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 12/07/2011, at 6:36 AM, Aditya Narayan <adynnn@gmail.com> wrote:

Oops that's really very much disheartening and it could seriously impact our plans for going live in near future. Without this facility I guess counters currently have very little usefulness.

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 8:16 PM, Chris Burroughs <chris.burroughs@gmail.com> wrote:
On 07/10/2011 01:09 PM, Aditya Narayan wrote:
> Is there any target version in near future for which this has been promised
> ?

The ticket is problematic in that it would -- unless someone has a
clever new idea -- require breaking thrift compatibility to add it to
the api.  Since is unfortunate since it would be so useful.

If it's in the 0.8.x series it will only be through CQL.