From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: How to keep only exactly column of key
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 22:56:54 GMT
There is no support for a feature like that, and i doubt it would ever be supported. For one
there there are no locks during a write, so it's not possible to definitively say there are
100 columns at a particular instance of time.

You would need to read all columns and delete the ones you no longer need.

You could also try Redis.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 19 Jul 2011, at 03:22, JKnight JKnight wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I want to keep only 100 column of a key: when I add a column for a key, if the number
column of key is 100, another column (by order) will be deleted.