From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: node stuck "leaving"
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2011 17:42:22 GMT
Thats the correct way to use remove token, it's there when the node you are removing from the
ring cannot be started
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations#Removing_nodes_entirely

Dead nodes popping up and an inconsistent view of the ring is a bit nasty.

You can *try* restarting the node which thing the missing node is up with using the Dcassandra.load_ring_state=false
JVM property. But you may have to take more drastic action.
http://www.datastax.com/docs/0.8/troubleshooting/index#view-of-ring-differs-between-some-nodes

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer