From Aditya Narayan <ady...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storing counters in the standard column families along with non-counter columns ?
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 17:08:02 GMT
Thanks Aaron & Chris, I appreciate your help.

With dedicated CF for counters, in addition to the issue pointed by Chris,
the major drawback I see is that I cant read *in a single query* the
counters with the regular columns row which is widely required by my
application.
My use case is like storing & reading the 'views count' of a post along with
other post details(like post content,postedBy etc) in my application. I
wanted to store the views count(*counter column*) along with the details of
the post.

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM, Chris Burroughs <chris.burroughs@gmail.com