From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BulkLoader
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 15:06:19 GMT
Sure, that will work fine with a single machine.  The advantage of
bulkloader is it handles splitting the sstable up and sending each
piece to the right place(s) when you have more than one.

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 7:47 AM, Stephen Pope <Stephen.Pope@quest.com> wrote:
>  I think I've solved my own problem here. After generating the sstable using json2sstable
it looks like I can simply copy the created sstable into my data directory.

>  Can anyone think of any potential problems with doing it this way?

to run it against a local machine, because of this:

>                Set<InetAddress> hosts = Gossiper.instance.getLiveMembers();
>                hosts.remove(FBUtilities.getLocalAddress());
>                if (hosts.isEmpty())
>                    throw new IllegalStateException("Cannot load any sstable,
no live member found in the cluster");

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra