From Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: BulkLoader
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 17:11:53 GMT
Also note that if you have a cassandra node running on the local node
from which you want to bulk load sstables, there is a JMX
(StorageService->bulkLoad) call to do just that. May be simpler than
using sstableloader if that is what you want to do.

--
Sylvain

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Stephen Pope <Stephen.Pope@quest.com> wrote:
>  Ahhh..ok. Thanks.

json2sstable it looks like I can simply copy the created sstable into my data directory.

>>>  Can anyone think of any potential problems with doing it this way?

no way to run it against a local machine, because of this:

>>>                Set<InetAddress> hosts = Gossiper.instance.getLiveMembers();
>>>                hosts.remove(FBUtilities.getLocalAddress());
>>>                if (hosts.isEmpty())
>>>                    throw new IllegalStateException("Cannot load any
sstable, no live member found in the cluster");