From Richard Low <r...@acunu.com>
Subject Re: deduct token values for BOP
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 15:18:44 GMT
On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 3:06 PM, A J <s5alye@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wish to use the order preserving byte-ordered partitioner. How do I
> figure the initial token values based on the text key value.
> Say I wish to put all keys starting from a to d on N1. e to m on N2
> and n to z on N3. What would be the initial_token values on each of
> the 3 nodes to accomplish this ?

If all keys use characters a-z then the following will work:

N1: 64ff
N2: 6dff
N3: 7aff

(64, 6d and 7a are hex for ascii codes of d, m, z).  Here the key (in
hex) 64ffff will go to N2 even though it starts with d.  But every
string that starts with a-d with only characters a-z afterwards will
go to N1.

Richard.

--
Richard Low