From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CL=N-1?
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 19:43:09 GMT
On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Yang <teddyyyy123@gmail.com> wrote:

> is there such an option?
>
> in some cases I want to distribute some small lookup tables to all the
> nodes, so that everyone has a local copy, and loaded in memory. so the
> lookup is fast. supposedly I want to write to all N nodes, but that
> exposes me to failure in case of just one node down.
> so I'd like to declare success to N-1 nodes.
>
> thanks
> Yang

There is no n-1 CL. The numbered levels are ONE,TWO,THREE. There has been
some talk of this. By pairing READ/WRITE levels you can normally get an
effect "close enough" to what you are looking for. In your case QUORUM will
write and read with a single FAILED node.

Also if your lookup tables are not changing often not having n-1 is
negligible.