From Jian Fang <jian.fang.subscr...@gmail.com>
Subject Cassandra 0.6.8 snapshot problem?
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 14:47:02 GMT
Hi,

We have an old production Cassandra 0.6.8 instance without replica, i.e.,
the replication factor is 1. Recently, we noticed that
the snapshot data we took from this instance are inconsistent with the
running instance data. For example, we took snapshot
in early July 2011. From the running instance, we got a record that was
created in March 2011, but on the snapshot copy, the
record with the same key was different and was created in January 2011.
Yesterday, we created another snapshot and reproduced
the problem. I just like to know if this is a known issue for Cassandra 0.6.

We are going to migrate to Cassandra 0.8, but we need to make sure this will
not be a problem in 0.8.

Thanks in advance,

John