From Matthieu Nahoum <>
Subject Range query ordering with CQL JDBC
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 16:07:57 GMT

I am trying to range-query a column family on which the keys are epochs
(similar to the output of System.currentTimeMillis() in Java).
In CQL (Cassandra 0.8.1 with JDBC driver):

SELECT * FROM columnFamily WHERE KEY > '1309205000000';

I can't get to have a result that make sense, it always returns wrong
timestamps. So I must make an error somewhere in the way I input the
querying value.
I tried in clear (like above), in hexadecimal, etc.

What is the correct way of doing this? Is it possible that my key is too

Matthieu Nahoum

View raw message