From Sameer Farooqui <cassandral...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question on setup for writes into 2 datacenters
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 22:04:46 GMT
It sounds like what you're looking for is write consistency of local_quorum:
http://www.datastax.com/docs/0.8/consistency/index#write-consistency

local_quorum would mean the write has to be successful on a majority of
nodes in DC1 (so 2) before it is considered successful.

If you use just quorum write, it'll have to be committed to 3 replicas out
of the 4 before it's considered successful.